NetRexx Samples and Examples
NetRexx may be used for writing:
- applications programs that run 'stand-alone' on a
computer, typically started by clicking on an icon or typing in a
- applets programs that run in a World Wide Web browser or
the Java toolkit's "applet viewer"
- classes classes for use by other programs.
On this page you'll find links to some sample applications and applets
(which are, themselves, classes).
All the applets except 'Scribble' will run under Java 1.0 or later; most
of the applications need Java 1.1.2 or later.
- Hello World the simplest NetRexx program?
- Query Time displays the time, in
LineComment converts comments in a text
file, using Reader and Writer classes, exception handling, etc..
- Spectrum displays a frame window.
Buttons displays a frame window, with two
buttons which are implemented using dependent classes.
Pinger a 'kitcher timer', showing
the use of Frames, simple menus and Dialogs, multiple threads,
off-screen Image drawing (graphics), mouse and event handling, and
playing an audio clip from a file.